Data Protection Statement
Information on the collection of personal data and operator identification
(1) We are pleased that you have decided to visit our website and would like to thank you for your interest. The protection of your privacy while using our website is very important to us. The following section provides details of the personal data that is collected when using this website. Personal data is all data that relates to you personally, for example name, address, email address and user behavior.
(2) For service provider information according to § 13 TMG (German Telemedia Act) and the responsible office according to the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) we refer to the company and contact information in our legal notice.
We use state-of-the-art technical measures to ensure data security, in particular to protect your personal data against risks during data transmission and to prevent the data from being disclosed to third parties. Any personal data that is collected and recorded by us is stored on highly secure servers. These servers are protected against loss, destruction, access, modification or publication of your data by unauthorized persons by technical and organizational measures. Access to your data is only granted to a small number of authorized persons. These persons are responsible for the technical, commercial or content maintenance of the servers. All our employees are bound by an obligation of confidentiality.
Collection of personal data for information purposes
(1) When using the website for information purposes only, in other words when you are not registering with or logging on to the website or sending any other information to us, we will not collect personally identifiable data, with the exception of the data your browser submits to us in order to allow you to browse our website. These are:
• IP address
• Date and time of the request
• Time zone difference compared to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
• Content of the request (specific page)
• Access status/HTTP status code
• Volume of data transmitted in each case
• Website referring the request
• Operating system and GUI
• Language setting and version of the browser
(2) The log files are used for statistical analysis and to improve the website. This allows us to identify faults such as invalid links. When we create user profiles we will only do so using pseudonyms and only if you have no objection to this. User profiles will never be associated with your personal data. Regarding your use of the website, the IP address of the computer you use will be recorded among other things. In some circumstances, it is possible to identify the users of the website through their IP address. However, we do not analyze IP addresses that are collected pursuant to section (1). The analysis of IP addresses is performed solely on a statistical basis and is anonymized.
• Transient cookies (temporary use)
• Persistent cookies (limited time use)
• Third-party cookies (cookies by third parties according to separate statement)
(3) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. This includes, in particular, the session cookies. These store a so-called Session ID, which is used to assign the various requests submitted by your browser to a shared session. This makes it possible to identify your computer when you return to the website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
(4) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a preset period of time that may differ from cookie to cookie. You can delete cookies at any time using the security settings for your browser.
(5) Cookies that are not technically necessary to provide our services will only be placed with your consent, which you may withdraw at any time. You can communicate your consent to us through your browser settings, namely, by choosing the setting that will inform you of the placement of cookies and will only accept the cookie after you have explicitly allowed it. This also allows you to choose a setting to reject cookies in certain cases or to reject them completely. You can configure your browser to your preferences, e.g. to reject third-party cookies or to reject cookies completely. However, we would advise you that by doing so you may not be able to use all the features of this website.
Using the features of our website
(1) Apart from the use of our website for information purposes only, we offer various services which you may use if you wish. Here you will usually be required to enter additional personal data to enable us to provide the respective service. Where it is possible for you to submit additional voluntary data this will be indicated accordingly.
(2) Personal data will only be collected when you provide it to us by filling out contact forms or when sending emails, in the course of ordering products or services, or when submitting queries or requesting materials. In this case we will collect the data generated in the course of contacting us. This includes, in particular, your name and submitted contact information, date and reason for contacting us. We shall only use the information gathered from you to provide you with the requested goods or services, but also for other purposes for which you have given consent or those that are described in this data protection statement.
Advertisement notification to our customers
After the sale of goods or services, we reserve the right to send advertisements for our products to the email address stated in your order confirmation. The same applies to the use of your address data for advertising our products to you, as well as for recommending goods and services of third party providers by letter. You may choose not to receive any further advertising at any time, e.g. via a link attached to the newsletter or directly via the contact data listed in our legal notice. You can at any time request information about the data we have stored about you and to have such data corrected. We will comply with our statutory obligations to delete or lock your data immediately.
This data protection statement applies solely to this website. To ensure that you receive the best possible information, you will find links on our site that will refer you to third-party websites. Where it is not obvious that a link is external we will notify you accordingly. This data protection statement does not cover external service providers. When you leave this website, you are advised to carefully read the data protection policies of each external site.
Piwik analysis service
(1) This website uses the Piwik web analysis service to analyze user access to this site.
(2) For this analysis, cookies will be stored on your computer (see “Cookies” section for detailed information). Information collected in this manner will be stored solely on our servers in Germany. You are advised that if you decide to block the storage of such cookies, you may not be able to use all of the features of this website. Blocking the acceptance of cookies can be done through the settings of your browser, or by unchecking the following checkbox which will activate the Opt-out-Plug-in: [see bottom of this page].
(3) This website uses Piwik with the “AnonymizeIP” feature enabled. This means that IP addresses are truncated, which rules out any direct personal links. The IP address submitted to Piwik by your browser will not be combined with any other data we collect.
(4) Piwik is an Open-Source project. Data protection information from the third-party provider can be found at piwik.org/privacy/policy.
(1) We have embedded YouTube videos in our online service that are hosted by www.YouTube.com and can be played directly on our website. Videos we have submitted ourselves are embedded with the “advanced data protection mode” active, meaning that no data pertaining to you as YouTube user is transmitted when you do not play the video. The data specified in Section (2) will only be transmitted when you decide to play the video. We have no influence over this data transmission.
(2) By visiting the website, the third-party provider will be informed that you have opened the corresponding page on our website. Furthermore, the data specified in this data protection statement for information purposes will be transferred. This will happen regardless of whether the third-party provider offers a user account to which you are logged in or if such account exists. If you are logged into the plugin provider, this data will be associated with your user account. If you do not wish this data to be associated with your account with the plugin provider, you will have to log out there before activating the button.
(3) Further information on the purpose and scope of the data collection and processing by Google as well as on your rights and available settings for your protection as a YouTube subscriber can be found in the privacy statement of YouTube at www.youtube.com/t/privacy. There you can also find additional information on your rights and available settings to protect your privacy.
(1) We use the so-called double-opt-in process for newsletter subscriptions. This means that once you have given us your email address we will send you a confirmation email to the stated address asking you to confirm that you do wish to receive our newsletter. If you do not confirm within 24 hours your subscription will be deleted automatically. If you do confirm that you wish to receive our newsletter, we will store your email address until you cancel your newsletter subscription. Your address is stored solely for the purpose of sending you the newsletter. We also store your IP address and the times when the newsletter is requested and when the request is confirmed in order to prevent abuse of your personal data.
(2) The only information required to order the newsletter is your email address. Any additional information, which is marked separately, is voluntary and will be used solely to customize the newsletter. This data will also be fully deleted when you cancel your subscription.
(3) You may withdraw your consent to receiving the newsletter at any time. You can do this by clicking on the corresponding link provided in each newsletter mailing or by sending a message to the contact information listed in our legal notice. Data provided by you will not be disclosed to third parties.
Additional information and right to information
(1) You have the right at any time to request information about the data we have stored about you, the origin of such data, recipients or categories of recipients to whom we forward this data and the purpose of the data being stored.
(2) Should you have any further questions about “data protection,” please contact our company’s data protection officer. The contact details are shown below. Here you can find out what information we have stored about you, request further information, ask for details to be deleted or corrected and you can also make suggestions by email or letter to the following address::
Schnepel GmbH & Co. KG
+49  57 41. 34 61-0
+49  57 41. 91 18
Amendments to data protection statement
We will update this statement as required to conform to changes to the website content as well as to general legal changes. We have logged and stored any consent given by you on our website (e.g. to receive an email newsletter). You can request the content of each of these declarations of consent from us at any time.